2016/17 work programme
Dealing with today, planning for tomorrow: new support services for 2016
CCGs and NHS England teams rely on our workshops and training events, expert advisers and online resources to keep their knowledge up-to-date and make confident, informed commissioning and primary care contracting decisions.
In December 2015 we carried out a wide-ranging survey of our current and potential customers using an online questionnaire and interviews to find out what you most value about the service and where we can improve it.
As a result of this feedback we have redesigned our core services for commissioners working in CCGs and NHS England teams.
Our services in 2016 reflect the policy and economic pressures on your organisations, including the newly published (December 2015) planning guidance, which calls for all local stakeholders to work together to agree sustainability and transformation as well as operational plans. These plans underpin the triple aim of national health policy: better health, transformed quality of care delivery and sustainable finances.
The quality of these plans and their implementation will determine how well different parts of the country respond to the challenge set out in the Five Year Forward View. They will also determine the level of resources available locally to ensure that health and care systems not only manage current pressures but develop to meet the needs of the populations they serve in future.
Our customer evaluation exercise confirmed what you most value about our service:
- Our knowledge of local context, including your challenges and service priorities
- Our long-standing relationships through our network of local advisers
- The ability to access our wider network of associates for project and programme support
- Our practical support for planning and decision-making in primary care
- Our knowledge of regulation and contracts
- Our understanding of the strategic context and the role of primary care in wider system change
- Our ability to help your organisation to avoid risks and resolve contractual issues without recourse to costly legal advice
- Our networks with other organisations and key stakeholders
- Our connections with policy-makers and influencers that give us access to the latest intelligence
- Our highly regarded programme of learning and training events and workshops.
What else you want
The survey also told us what more you would like in 2016 and beyond, including:
- Greater flexibility to pay for just the services you need and clearer pricing
- Access to more tailored support from bespoke workshops to project solutions
- Discounted rates in return for committing to an annual subscription or package of support
- More personal and team development support to build the softer skills needed for effective collaborative working
- Access to more support in areas beyond primary care, including commissioning for whole systems and innovative contracting models.
The 2016 offer
As a result of your feedback, the 2016 offer addresses all of the above.
Our annual subscription service for commissioners provides access to:
Places at our scheduled events and workshops, which run within reach of most parts of the country
PCC advisers for tailored advice and project support
The adviser helpdesk, for quality assured answers to queries on a range of commissioning and contracting topics
Networks to share knowledge and connect to colleagues across organisational boundaries (and support for virtual networks when it’s not always possible to meet face to face)
Local meetings and workshops to support particular projects or bring colleagues together for discussion and debate
Quarterly newsletter covering hot topics, upcoming events and FAQs from our helpdesk
We offer packages of support to a range of organisations and always aim to be flexible in our delivery to meet each organisation’s support needs. To find out more or to arrange a meeting with your local adviser, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.